Alistair Overeem makes his UFC debut on Dec. 30 in his huge heavyweight clash with Brock Lesnar at UFC 141. While many fighters have succumbed to the "Octagon jitters" in their first time under the organization's big lights, Overeem feels it will help him rise to the occasion, and he articulated as much during a media teleconference on Monday:
"I've fought in the states before. I don't really see it as pressure. Of course, the UFC's 100 times bigger than Strikeforce. UFC is huge, and there's a lot of media attention on it. But the nice thing about me is the bigger the fight is - the bigger the media attention, the more people that come to watch - the better I achieve in the ring. The bigger it is, the better it is for me. Is there pressure on me in the UFC? Of course, but the same pressure is on Brock. One of us is going to take a step up, and one of us is going to take a step down.
I'm prepared for the five rounds; I've been doing five rounds forever, it seems. But looking at myself, the type of fighter that I am, as well as the type of fighter Brock is, looking at both of our characters, we're aggressive. We're not the type of guys that back up, if you know what I mean. We're fighters, and we want to finish fights."
Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_11824.shtml
Marvin Eastman Stav Crazy Bear Economou Yves Edwards Justin Eilers Jon Olav Einemo
No comments:
Post a Comment