Monday, August 22, 2011

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Injury Rumors Dispelled

<B>By MATT MOLGAARD<BR>
MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer</B><BR><BR>

Over the course of the last three days the internet has been buzzing with rumors that Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua would not compete at UFC 134 against former foe Forrest Griffin. Numerous websites and twitter feeds have indicated that the same recurring knee difficulties that have hindered Rua in the past have once again surfaced.<BR><BR>

You can now consider all the ?Shogun is out!? chatter just that, baseless chatter.<BR><BR>

Rua just spoke with MMAjunkie.com, and according to the Brazilian standout, he?s prepared for battle, and looking to avenge a tough-to-swallow 2007 defeat to former light heavyweight champion, Forrest Griffin.<BR><BR>

"Ultimately, Forrest is a very good fighter. He's a tough fighter, and being a tough fighter, I knew I would fight him again eventually. I think he's a fighter that's evolved a lot and gotten better since our last fight. So did I. I also evolved a lot.<BR><BR>

"I think it's going to be a great fight for the fans because Forrest is a guy who always comes to fight. He goes in there to give fans a fight, and I'm pretty much the same. I'm always there to try to finish a fight, so it's going to be a great fight."<BR><BR>

Those are very respectful words from the Brazilian, and certainly not the speech of a man who?s preparing to withdraw from a bout just nine days away.<BR><BR>

While ?Shogun? doesn?t address the actual rumors themselves (he may not even be aware of all the bogus talk), it?s overtly evident that, barring some insane (late) fluke, Rua is healthy and prepared to give Forrest Hell in their upcoming rematch.<BR><BR>

This is just another fine reason to seek out legitimate sources, avoid false indicators and most importantly stay tuned on the 27th of this month, when these two former champions meet once again inside the octagon.<BR><BR>

Leave your feedback on this article by posting a comment directly below! You can also chat about the card in the <A HREF="http://www.mmanews.com/forums" target="_Blank"><B>MMANEWS.COM Forums</B></A> and/or the <A HREF="http://www.facebook.com/mmanewsdotcom" target="_Blank"><B>MMANEWS.COM Facebook</B></A>. If that wasn't enough, MMANEWS.COM is now on Twitter as well <A HREF="http://twitter.com/mmanewsdotcom" target="_Blank"><B>@mmanewsdotcom</B></A>.<BR><BR>

Source: http://www.mmanews.com/home.php

Arman Gambaryan Manvel Gamburyan Sean Gannon Edgar Garcia Leonard Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment