|
[Shogun is] one of the best fighters ever. He has a blitz style. He goes forward. He's dangerous. I gotta make him move backward and let's see what happens. I want to go hard for all 15 minutes of the fight...
It's difficult to adjust yourself [to another country]. There's the jetlag thing, and it's difficult to make weight since Brazil doesn't have the distilled water I use in the U.S. and the food I need to eat. It's always difficult to change your routine when you go to another country. I feel stupid because I can't communicate with people from the hotels and can't even say how I want my eggs. It's clearly a pain in the ass."
-Forrest Griffin talks to Sherdog.com about expecting a difficult weight cut for his UFC 134 bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, along with adjusting to fighting in a different country.
Penick's Analysis: A difficult weight cut could zap some of Griffin's effectiveness for the fight, as it could bring his cardio down and affect his actions throughout the fight. That said, he's still a very big light heavyweight, and that size advantage that was prevalent in their first meeting will still be there in this rematch. The jetlag comment won't even be an issue for Brazil, as it won't be very far off on the timezone he's used to, but being in the foreign country to finish his weight cut could give him some difficulties. Regardless, despite people thinking their first fight was a fluke, Griffin should be considered very capable of winning this fight on August 27. It's going to be a fantastic overall fight and it's one I can't wait to see.
[Forrest Griffin art by Cory Gould (c) MMATorch.com]
Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_9836.shtml
Keith Hackney Matt Hamill Volk Han Joachim Hansen Antoni Hardonk
No comments:
Post a Comment